Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Durham, Fuck Yeah

There's also the fact that rents are basically the same as Chicago, but without many of the advantages of a big city.

So John Boy from Sam’s posts a tweet saying the story they are closing is “fake news”, which is funny because the US sucks and Gizmo (local) has a beer named “Fake News”.

Shane Ryan thinks this is garbage and dishonest as Sam’s Bottle Shop will still be around. He is probably right.

Journalist says he has never seen a developer go to the city for permission to do something without a bill of sale essentially.

Then, this from the 2 past Duke beat writers (over a denial by a guy named John Boy that his store is going to close):

Sam's deleted the tweet and apologized. LOL. Ridiculous.

So is the place closing or not? If they’ve gotten rid of the stacks and stacks of adult videos, then it’s already closed as far as I’m concerned.

There’s quite a few journalists that should spend a week or two as a lawyer.

How familiar are you guys with Raleigh? One of my sons got a job there and will be in need of a good gym and a decent apartment. He's staying with a friend until September so he's got a little time to look for an apartment but his gym needs are urgent.

How familiar are you guys with Raleigh? One of my sons got a job there and will be in need of a good gym and a decent apartment. He's staying with a friend until September so he's got a little time to look for an apartment but his gym needs are urgent.

What part of town is he in? What’s his price range?

As for gyms, I’ve ever only used the Y but all three I’ve been to have been perfectly fine for anything you’d want to do and it’s only $37 a month.

What part of town is he in? What’s his price range?

As for gyms, I’ve ever only used the Y but all three I’ve been to have been perfectly fine for anything you’d want to do and it’s only $37 a month.

He's probably going to want something on the west side of town, north of Wade Ave. Price range is $1500-2000 for a 2-BR, I'm guessing.

You can get a 3BR house for that in some suburbs, if that matters

He wants an apartment, doesn't want to deal with yards. This is his first real job, he'll have money and no debts and he wants an adult, non-college student kind of place.

Brier Creek is nice but it's a quiet cookie cutter neighborhood. It's not necessarily on the doorstep of anything but still convenient enough to be 20-25 mins from downtown Raleigh, downtown Durham, everything off of Glenwood and has easy access to 540 and 40. I was in a two-bedroom there for ~$1300 and you should be able to get something nice in the $1200-1800 range. Idk about the pricing but there's a ton of newer looking buildings that have gone up around Crabtree over the last couple years.

It's depressing that Raleigh costs as much as Chicago. I'll probably never move back to NC given the lower pay, terrible politics, and comparable cost of living.

I ate at Elmo's Diner today and enjoyed it quite a bit. My girlfriend had biscuits and gravy which was good and I had pancakes with granola, cranberry, apples, oats and pecans. It was very good.

I also 'snuck in' to Cameron, but I don't even know if you could consider it sneaking in since the door was unlocked. Watched the women's volleyball team practice for like 5 minutes.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom