Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Javin DeLaurier

I mean, I really like this kid but I'm sick of holding my breath expecting a travel call every time he touches the ball.

He’s supposedly a great student and a great kid, too, which makes this so frustrating. A lot of freakish morons with bad attitudes never develop. I always think of that Hanner Parea guy who chose Indiana. Javin should develop. He’s a junior next season, and as of now, he does not have one thing he can do with a basketball in his hands except dunk.

He reminds me of a dominant high school football player who plays basketball in the offseason as a second sport. Doesn't take it seriously to actually work on his game, but manages to be effective through brute force.

Our big man development has gotten way better lately (see Bolden and Marshall Plumlee transforming from utter shitheads to competent players) but we still have nothing on Roy.

Look at those bulging pecs. Would be nice for him to get stronger this summer.

Zion, meanwhile, still looks like Glen Davis.

Javin is a legitimate 6'8 at the very least.

Justise is listed at 6'7.

I am actually MORE encouraged about Zion from looking at that pic.

Justise measured 6'4.5" without shoes at the combine. So call him 6'6" with some thick soles. I suppose it's possible he grew an inch, of course.

OTOH, Javin is actually quite a bit taller than you're estimating. This is a stupid debate, but I don't know where you're getting 6'8" based on Justise being 6'7". Justise had a good 2-3 inches of hair. Javin's head stops where Justise's hair does. That would make him 6'10" (which is what I think he is based on other pics).

Justise measured 6'4.5" without shoes at the combine. So call him 6'6" with some thick soles. I suppose it's possible he grew an inch, of course.

OTOH, Javin is actually quite a bit taller than you're estimating. This is a stupid debate, but I don't know where you're getting 6'8" based on Justise being 6'7". Justise had a good 2-3 inches of hair. Javin's head stops where Justise's hair does. That would make him 6'10" (which is what I think he is based on other pics).

Sweet. So if Javin is 6'10 as listed, Zion is like 6'8/6'9 in shoes. I've always thought he was 6'6/6'7

I saw a picture of Zion next to David McClure today (I will try to find it and post)

Zion is an absolute monster.

If Javin can become competent offensively, as in he can catch and take a dribble without walking, not fumble it on catches on the interior, and finish a little bit more consistently inside, he really should be one of the most effective big men in college basketball next season considering the role he would play on the team.

If Coach K was being genuine with Duke being a primarily switching man to man team, Javin DeLaurier would likely see 17-20 minutes per game at center in a role where he would be a tremendous defensive weapon allowing Duke to potentially switch 2-5, while also being a guy who will protect the rim, rebound and solely score his points off of offensive rebounds and lobs, which allows the four freshman and O'Connell to just get out there and do it offensively without some big ass dude in the paint trying to post-up.

I expect our combination of Javin and Marques to be very good and complimentary next season.

His rebounding and D has been nice thus far. Once again, he needs to cut down on his fouls.

As you folks have written, if he can keep things simple on the offensive side of the ball, hopefully he can make some positive contributions on that end.

Had a brutal start to the game (defensive gaffes in particular) but he played really well in the 2nd and provided the kinds of things that the Devils need from him - offensive boards/putbacks, defensive versatility. I still believe he can contribute

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom