Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Movies

Better than I expected but not much. DC again would've been far better served having given a solo movie or two to each of Superman, Batman, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg and the best character of the movie - Wonder Woman. Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman is again a bad ass. If they rebooted the entire DC universe, she's the only one I'd keep in it.

They spent way too much time on the backstory for Cyborg, Aquaman and Flash. A solo movie prior to this would've solved those issues in an instant. It felt like a series of short films mashed together leading up into a big battle. It felt like half the movie at least was just them coming together.

The villain was boring, had no real motivations other than to destroy shit. I also didn't think his CGI was all that good.while other areas (Cyborg for instance) were pretty cool most of the time.

If you actually see the movie, you'll wonder by the end why there's even a Justice League when Superman is so much more powerful than everyone else. Batman is basically neutered in the entire movie, just uses his grapping gun and swings around a few times. His coolest moment was in the Batmobile firing machine guns at the parademons. Cyborg doesn't really much fighting while Aquaman had a couple cool sequences.

It was also incredibly stupid that the Flash has never once fought ever but is good enough to go into a fight against aliens? He basically was a track star and poked things a couple times and that was it. Also he had zero confidence at all The tv show remains the far better of the two depictions of the Flash.

I'd say a 5 out of 10 altogether but honestly the more I think about some aspects (like why did Batman shoot guns in Batman v Superman but forgets them against fucking aliens? Why is Superman so overpowered compared to every other character in the movie that it makes their presence except for Wonder Woman pointless?), the more I dislike it.

Agreed on better than expected. I don't think it deserves half the ripping apart that its getting.

I actually appreciated Flash/Barry's lighthearted awkwardness, because there was at least that much for a comedic element. Dawn of Justice was just too damned dark.

Cyborg wasn't much in terms of fighting, but his integration thanks to his dad using the Mother Box to revive him made him essential. He's going to be pretty indispensable to the team with his abilities, although I guess a basic EMP would render him down for the count.

Can't second your Wonder Woman endorsement enough. She's going to be the true leader of this group.

Couple more thoughts:

I know Mother Box came from the comics, but that and "The Unity" have got to be the shittiest names ever for extra-terrestrial events/objects.

NEED. Green. Lantern.

The Last Jedi press tour has official begun. I am so happy.

I've seen The Room many times. Very entertaining in its badness. I hear The Disaster Artist is a little disappointing. I will be seeing it anyway because the book is absolutely incredible. Easily one of the greatest works of nonfiction I have read.

Went to see Lady Bird instead of seeing the Duke game. Did not regret it. Stunning. If it doesn't win best screenplay, I will be disappointed. There was not a single dull line of dialogue and everything moved along with tremendous energy. Perfect mix of humor and drama.

Logan Lucky was just OK. With all the big names that showed up throughout the movie, I should've enjoyed it more. Ocean's Eleven was better.

Went to see Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri the other day. Kind of stupid, unfortunately. I had high hopes. The cast almost saved it, but it was very overwritten and had moments that were flat-out ridiculous. Also went for cheap laughs too much.

Went to see Lady Bird instead of seeing the Duke game. Did not regret it. Stunning. If it doesn't win best screenplay, I will be disappointed. There was not a single dull line of dialogue and everything moved along with tremendous energy. Perfect mix of humor and drama.

It was hella tight.

spoilers gonna start rolling out for episode viii tonight. adjust your internet viewing accordingly.

spoilers gonna start rolling out for episode viii tonight. adjust your internet viewing accordingly.
Indeed. Gonna have to limit my internet usage to this site and Kenpom following tonight premiere.

I can't conceive of any way i'm not going to get spoiled. Some asshole on twitter/youtube/facbeook/reddit with a burner account with the nature of their spoiler in their handle probably fucks me over on some random comment chain.

I can't conceive of any way i'm not going to get spoiled. Some asshole on twitter/youtube/facbeook/reddit with a burner account with the nature of their spoiler in their handle probably fucks me over on some random comment chain.
Gotta go off the grid. It's the only way.

And if anyone here posts a spoiler without clearly labelled spoiler tags, they will be permanently IP banned.

I learned that Stringer Bell was dead before Season 3. Still awesome because that show is not based on cheap reveals.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom