Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

This is picking up a lot of steam, and unfortunately unlike the AD situation, there's a very real chance Leonard does get moved this summer.

Obviously you do it if you think he'll be healthy but I still think it's a huge red flag to trade for someone with chronic tendiopathy AND who sat out for months despite being medically cleared by multiple doctors. Still it's probably a risk you take with the Warriors not looking so unbeatable anymore.

A core of Kyrie/Brown/Leonard/Hayward/Horford with Stevens as a coach I imagine wins at least one title at some point, with multiple finals runs.

If Tatum ended up on the Spurs and didn't get shipped to some third team, I could live with it.

NBA title futures being posted after tonight. It's a 2 month bet so keep that into account. Will also post series odds as they happen. Probably not game to game odds, unless there is demand.

The Wolves game was awesome even though it was pretty clear the refs did their best to ensure OT.

No team hotter in the NBA right now than the Sixers. Redick on fire (though he didn't play tonight). He will shoot below 30% in the playoffs.

Duke players who will likely be seen in the playoffs:

Warriors - Cook
Cavs - Hood
Sixers - Redick
Celtics - Tatum
Heat - Winslow
Bucks - Parker
Timberwolves - Ty. Jones

Parker has started to heat up in April. 18 ppg on 48% fg and 46% 3pt, and 9 rpg in 33 mpg. Tatum will probably be asked to guard either him or Giannis most of the time.

Last edited:
Warriors Spurs is set.

Kawhi, wtf. Stop this bullshit and lead Danny Green to victory over Quinn Cook. Even Duke fans will root for this to happen.

I’d throw some money at that Jazz line. 28-5 record since getting things right and having Gobert healthy. 50-1 seems ludicrous.

Predictions:

West:

Rockets over Wolves in 5
Thunder over Jazz in 7
Blazers over Pelicans in 6
Warriors over Spurs in 5*

Rockets over Thunder in 6
Warriors over Blazers in 5

Warriors over Rockets in 6

6 if Leonard plays. Really tempted to pick the Jazz over the Thunder and may change before it starts.

East
Raptors over Wizards in 6
Cavs over Pacers in 5
Sixers over Heat in 6
Celtics over Bucks in 7

Cavs over Raptors in 7
Sixers over Celtics in 7

Cavs over Sixers in 6

Warriors over Cavs in 5

Philly looked terrific last night. And that was without Embiid. I see them making the ECF and playing the Cavs there. They have a legit shot at the Finals (where they will be destroyed).

Spurs have to trade Leonard now Id assume. Cleared to play by doctors but refusing to play. Just a weird scenario.

Wonder what the best package is they could get?

Lakers get: Leonard and Patty Mills(then sign Lebron)-
PG-Mills-Shooter for Bron
SG-Leonard
SF-Lebron
PF-Kuzma
C-Cheap Vet

That's probably a top 3 team in the west if Leonard returns to form. Not a lot of bench production but I'm sure some cheap vets would follow Lebron.

Spurs get: Ball, Ingram, Deng and this years draft pick.

PG-Ball
SG-Green
SF-Ingram
PF-Aldridge
C-Gasol
They're still contenders or could unload Aldridge and Gasol while building around 2 potential all stars under 21.

Boston gets: Leonard and Aldridge
PG-Kyrie
SG-Hayward
SF-Leonard
PF-Morris
C-Aldridge

Possibly the best team in the NBA.

Spurs get: Tatum, Brown, Horford, Theis and picks.
PG-Murray
SG-Brown
SF-Tatum
PF-Horford
C-Gasol

Out of spite, Popovich will probably ship him to a franchise with less of a chance to become a dynasty, and with the kind of weather and a big city lifestyle he will hate.

0221_AA63_ADED_4_DD4_A7_D8_1054_F60_C27_FF.png

I'm curious if Kawhi is still mad about last postseason when the Spurs shut him down even though he wanted to play through the ankle injury.

I chose poorly with my e-cash on the Blazers. I didn't realize Damian Lillard's lack of defense could really turn Jrue Holliday from an average NBA point guard into all world.

Philly-Miami has been by far the most entertaining series, imo.

I'm an official Philly bandwagon fan. There's Redick, obviously. But Philly is just fun to watch. Fast tempo + Simmons surrounded by a bunch of shooters. And then you've got a 7'2" player hitting threes and making up and under moves.

Justise looks well on his way to being an elite 3 and D guy. His offense is limited to attacking on the break and catch and shoot threes. But that coupled with his defense and his willingness to be a total asshole will be very valuable.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom