Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pomeroy

It's definetely a marked improvement, but i want to see it against a team that isn't tripping all over their dicks on offense like our last few opponents. Vtech doesn't count cause they basically shot 1 for a million on open jumpers and literally didn't rebound.

If this holds against UNC... wow.

Can anyone chart Duke's defense since going zone full-time? Like if this were a full season, would Duke's defense be top 5? 3?

The true test of whether or not this defense can win a National Championship is the UNC game. UNC has I think 5 days to prepare for the zone, which would simulate what a team would have to prepare for us in the Sweet Sixteen or Final Four, and obviously UNC shoots well, rebounds well offensively and runs good offense.

It is the ultimate test. if this defense holds up against this UNC team when they have 5 days to prepare we are going the Final Four barring Allen shooting us out of it or K letting Duval driving the train off of the tracks

Past four games would be the best defense in Kenpom history by a huge margin, but lots of teams can claim a 4-game sample like that each season.
So this infers that our zone has actually improved vs part time playing in it. I attribute a lot of that to Carter (and Bolden) it feels like both wings on the 3 are playing much farther out to guard the 3 than previously, leaving pretty much Carter alone but he’s been so good protecting the rim it doesn’t matter.

The true test of whether or not this defense can win a National Championship is the UNC game. UNC has I think 5 days to prepare for the zone, which would simulate what a team would have to prepare for us in the Sweet Sixteen or Final Four, and obviously UNC shoots well, rebounds well offensively and runs good offense.

It is the ultimate test. if this defense holds up against this UNC team when they have 5 days to prepare we are going the Final Four barring Allen shooting us out of it or K letting Duval driving the train off of the tracks
I would also like to test it with Bagley in the mix (presuming he's coming back).

I have our adjusted defensive efficiency at around 65 last four games. Defense at GT wasn't great, so past three games, around 55.

I put very little effort into those calculations, though.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom