Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pomeroy

On the back pages, Pomeroy measures "Game MVP"s, I guess a Man of the Match sort of thing using stats. Multiple Game MVPs in a season ought to be a pretty good indication of what players are indispensable to their programs. If it weren't for media bias, and if voters valued performance over highlights, these would be the biggest names in the NPOY conversation right now. But why not just let the current season rankings speak for themselves:

sepvm1H.png

UNC going to rocket up.

Kenpom predicted 91-77, currently 90-48 with 7 remaining. 131/60

UNC has the better team this season. That's what happens when their freshman 4-year big man is about as good as Karl Towns already, while our freshmen and sophomore big men are about as good as (a) a giant child learning how to use his legs for the first time, (b) a piece of shit, and (c) Chase Jeter.

Duke getting Bolden and UNC getting Bradley flipped the rivalry.

Northwestern rises to #33. Started at #61.

Collins is doing this with 3-star players and Vic Law, who was composite #88 in his class. Alex O'Connell is ranked higher than that. O'Connell will probably do nothing and look terrible at basketball for at least two seasons at Duke. Law will probably finish as one of Northwestern's greatest players.

Next season, Northwestern should be expected to begin in the top 25 and contend for the Big Ten title. They only lose 2 players from their rotation; those players are 5th and 8th in the rotation in minutes per game.

Year 4 of Chris Collins at Northwestern: Knocking on the door of being a top 25 team nationally. Northwestern finished #132 with a record of 13-19 the season before Collins. They're expected to finish 22-9 this regular season, which would likely be better than Duke's record.

Arizona State, on the other hand, is still terrible for a power conference team in Bobby Hurley's 2nd season - #122. Talent is on the way, but it's not game changing talent yet - three 4-star freshmen already signed and a 4-star redshirt freshman already on the roster. Hurley's reasonable goal should be to get into the top 50 in 2 seasons after this one.

In 5 games as head coach, Capel has taken or offense from approximately top 5 to the 19th in the country.

One of these years Ken Pomeroy, eminent meteorlogist, will realize that Coach K and his staff cannot coach defense and will start us ranked at #100 or so.

You guys think 41 is the problem? I mean it's not elite but it's a hell of a lot better than the bad even year teams. It's fucking nothing out of the ordinary compared to our worst offensive showing goddamned 2007

Well, you've got to look at where it started. Just like with the offense. I would love to see our offensive rating and defensive rating post-UNLV.

rome8180 said:
Well, you've got to look at where it started. Just like with the offense. I would love to see our offensive rating and defensive rating post-UNLV.

Yeah, I'd like to see Pomeroy add month-by-month splits, and maybe a "Last 5" and "Last 10" as well.

Neither has been good. If one of them were even close to top 10, we'd have won tonight and probably at UL.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom