Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pomeroy

rome8180 said:
Well, you've got to look at where it started. Just like with the offense. I would love to see our offensive rating and defensive rating post-UNLV.

Just realized that Pomeroy's site has a toggle on the team pages that lets you default to "conference only." Not quite exactly post-UNLV, but the closest we can easily get.

Our regular numbers: offense 118.0, defense 95.4
Conference-only: offense 111.4, defense 104.5

The difference would be even more striking if we could eliminate the conference numbers from the regular numbers.

I mean, I remember post-UNLV that our offense was over 120 while our defense was under 92.

Against nobodies though (except Kansas). And, the numbers started suffering against Elon and whatever that other team was. And, we started at some made up number by pomeroy.

That happens to coincide with Giles coming back. Anyone have Tatum's efficient numbers at the 3 vs. 4?

Giles played 4 minutes and 6 minutes against TN State and Elon.

A few things:

1) Kenpom's numbers for us may have been "made up," but they were staying steady or trending up for a while. Our defense peaked at #9 around the beginning of league play. Our defense was actually more than adequate in the Tenn State and Elon games. Our offense sucked, but the slide was not nearly as drastic as what we've seen in recent games.

2) Those teams may have been nobodies but so is NC State. Florida, RI, and even MSU are all still better teams than NC State.

Anyway, moving on:

111.4/104.5, had we been doing that all year, puts us at #61 offense and #175 defense. Our adjusted efficiency margin would be good for #95 in the country, between College of Charleston and Loyola-Chicago.

With back to back 30+ point blowouts on the road, Florida has flown by Duke on kenpom, to #10. Therefore, Duke has a win over a top 10 team on a neutral court this season. Strong.

Did this game hurt or help? I felt like we played no defense, especially post defense, but I always feel that way when I watch games live.

Defense down a couple of slots. Offense up a couple of slots. No movement overall.

Efficiency margin had to have gone up ever so slightly since he predicted a 2 point win in 72 possessions, and Duke won by 8 in 68 possessions. But it wasn't enough for Duke to pass the amazing Hamsterdam.

Yeah we improved a bit, but not materially. Basically back to where we were pre Pitt. Probably need to beat UVA to have a chance at moving into the top 10 anytime soon. We're 8 point dogs as of today per Pomeroy although I have a feeling Vegas spread may be closer to 5-6.

The Clemson win was nice, despite the margin, in that it bumped Duke's projected ACC record up to 11-7. I think it was still 10-8 after the UNC game. That projection has Duke finishing as the 5-seed in the ACCT, ahead of ND due to the H2H tie breaker, but ND might get their projection bumped up with a win over FSU today. Had Duke beaten NC State at home, they'd be projected for a 3-way tie for the 3-seed.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom