Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

SyFy network has come out with their first-ever show that doesn't look just like every other SyFy network show.

There's only one episode so far, but if you get a chance, check out Happy! It's sort of like if Tarantino and Oliver Stone corroborated on a Disney show. It's very weird.

I've heard good things about Dark. Supposedly like Stranger Things mixed with The Returned (the good French version and not the American one).

Ich spreche kein Deutsch. And sometimes I'm just too intellectually tired (lazy) to bother reading subtitles.
It was worth it for The Returned, but I need to hear more good things about Dark before I go there.

I watched about 5 minutes of the first episode last week and that wasn't dubbed. Maybe it kicks in later, or maybe it just wasn't added to the sketchy version that I tried to watch.

For all I know, they just dubbed the trailer to attract an American audience.
It's weird on Netflix the default is dubbed, but you can change it back to German and just have subtitles. I watched the first episode. It was very confusing at first because all Aryans look the same. But once I figured out who was who it became pretty intriguing.

Finished Big Little Lies. Glad someone told me to keep going despite not liking the first episode. Apparently a common thing.

For the amount of time you need to invest (~7 hours), best bang for the buck of the TV year. Wish more shows were just 5-10 episodes. Like with Thirteen Reasons Why, I wish that would be the end, with no future seasons. I will watch them, though. I’m worried about there only being one engrossing male role in the first season, IMO.

Unfortunately, they are making a 2nd season of BLL. US capitalism dictates that if there is money to be made, you have to make it. Don't worry about whether it dilutes your original product.

"Manhunt" on Discovery is a good look at the Unabomber story. 7 episodes total. I don't think there will be a season two for this.

I wouldn't mind a 2nd season of BLL if the source material had not already been used up. This means that the screenwriters will have to concoct their own material. Screenwriters are typically worse writers than novelists.

Unfortunately, they are making a 2nd season of BLL. US capitalism dictates that if there is money to be made, you have to make it. Don't worry about whether it dilutes your original product.

Disappointing coming from HBO, I thought they would just let it be after 1 season.

Watched the first episode of Dark. Has great potential. Like an adult Stranger Things with less suspension of disbelief needed. It is annoying having to pay attention to read the subtitles instead of being able to dick around on iPad while watching it. The version I see isn't dubbed over.

Watched the first episode of Dark. Has great potential. Like an adult Stranger Things with less suspension of disbelief needed. It is annoying having to pay attention to read the subtitles instead of being able to dick around on iPad while watching it. The version I see isn't dubbed over.

If it's from the same source I'm watching, only the first episode isn't dubbed. This isn't the greatest, unless you're a big fan of Japanese monster movies and martial arts films.
My solution is to never look directly at the person who is speaking, like irl when I'm talking to someone with a wall eye or a big, hanging booger.

I'm about 4 episodes in Dark. I generally like it, but the number of characters and all the inter-relationships between the characters still are confusing especially with the temporal element involved

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom