Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2021-2022

When was that? I like to think I remember recruiting minutia, but I have no idea who that is.

I think as a Plan C to Harrison Barnes? it was a while ago. I think he was cleared of being involved in some murder plot? I can't remember it all

Yeah, I remember him as the next guy in line after Carrick Felix and Roscoe "Rescue" Smith fell through. I thought he was actually committed for a few months though

Last edited:
So I’ve seen 1.5 Purdue games this season and when they are rolling they are legitimate bad asses.

Zach Edey might have the craziest stats I've seen. His PER is 51. For comparison, Zion's PER was 41. He's averaging 18 pts and 8 rebounds in 19 minutes. He's shooting 75% from the field and 85% from the line. Per 40 minutes, he's averaging 38 pts and 16 rebounds.

I assume that he's just not able to play more than 18 minutes because he's 7'4" and has stamina issues. If not, Matt Painter should be shot.

Purdue would have the best player on the court and the best big man on the court in a hypothetical matchup against Duke.

Zach Edey might have the craziest stats I've seen. His PER is 51. For comparison, Zion's PER was 41. He's averaging 18 pts and 8 rebounds in 19 minutes. He's shooting 75% from the field and 85% from the line. Per 40 minutes, he's averaging 38 pts and 16 rebounds.

I assume that he's just not able to play more than 18 minutes because he's 7'4" and has stamina issues. If not, Matt Painter should be shot.
Mark Williams has a PER of 35 and plays 19 minutes a game. These guys should still be part of a two-headed center rotation like in high school.

Thinking about Virginia Tech +900 to win the ACC. Computers like them, they give big minutes to seniors and juniors, and Mike Young plays a good regular season style. Only has to play Duke and FSU once (but on the road). It's either that or UVA +1000, because, you know. Duke is +130, I'd love to see a Duke vs field bet.

I went to the Memphis-UGA game. Bates and Duren were no better tonight than about 4 other guys on Memphis, all of whom were okayish but really nothing special.

Bates's jumper was inexplicably ugly tonight. He looked relatively aware of where guys are supposed to be on the court, and like the game is moving slow for him, but somehow manages to pair that with no passing feel whatsoever, a limited ability to get by his man, and, tonight at least, a jumper that led to an airball and a bad brick or two.

Duren had a couple of really nice blocks, and otherwise could have been any generic college center. Disappeared a lot on offense.

My new favorite UGA player though is a dude named Kario Oquendo . I guess he transferred in after one year at a junior college (which he skipped his senior year of HS to do. Go figure). Kinda somewhere beteween Oladipo and Keels, with a little bit of Payton II thrown in. But delivered a huge block, a highlight dunk or two, and was their go-to-guy tonight.

I've heard the point guard situation at Memphis is a disaster. Like, far worse than what we're dealing with. At least our guys don't turn it over and are capable of running some offense.

I've heard the point guard situation at Memphis is a disaster. Like, far worse than what we're dealing with. At least our guys don't turn it over and are capable of running some offense.
Yikes on those numbers, but Lomax and Quinones looked solid enough for them running the show. They have more veteran guards than a lot of teams.

Yikes on those numbers, but Lomax and Quinones looked solid enough for them running the show. They have more veteran guards than a lot of teams.
Looking at their team numbers, there's not much to like on offense. It's all average to disgusting. But the defensive stuff is impressive.

Teams are shooting 39% against them from 2pt range and 28% from 3pt range. The latter might be a bit of luck, but it suggests that they're guarding all areas of the court well. Their opponents are also averaging 17 turnovers a game.

By the way, they're now "only" at 19 turnovers a game. Which is second. So maybe you caught them in a good game, or they're improving slightly.

By the way, they're now "only" at 19 turnovers a game. Which is second. So maybe you caught them in a good game, or they're improving slightly.
UGA's defense is not good, so that's got to be part of it.

But in general, I'd say Memphis's biggest asset is that they have four guards: Lomax/Timberlake/Nolley/Quinones, who are all not freshmen, and who are, I think 3 4-stars and 1 3-star. Most college teams don't have that. Now, none of them are consistently good shooters or passers, but they all can do it occasionally.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom