Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2017-18] at UNC / at GT / VT / at Clemson

Oh yeah I know. I just have to poke fun at the idea that people think a team could be better without a guy that ridiculously good.

A good win. Played well at both ends. They are in for a fight at Blacksburg, in spite of this evening's score.

Stopped turning it over after the 1st possession of the 2nd half.

TIL that the father of VT's Justin Robinson, whose name is Verdell Robinson, was one of Krzyzewski's players at Army.

At the 3:42 in the first half Duval throws an awful alleyoop into double coverage which winds up being a turnover. The camera pans to Coach K shaking his head in disgust. lol

I think that's the TO that ended up getting credited to Carter too

These next 2 games may determine if we have to play on Wednesday at the ACCT

At the 3:42 in the first half Duval throws an awful alleyoop into double coverage which winds up being a turnover. The camera pans to Coach K shaking his head in disgust. lol
If it’s the play I’m remembering, it wasn’t actually a turnover. VT knocked the ball out. But yeah, Coach was not pleased going into the timeout.

Felt like VT just laid a huge egg today. Played like complete shit.

It also seemed like a throwback game for Duke. We slowed down the tempo, demoralized them by hitting 3 after 3, and played decent defense. Pretty much the opposite of our usual formula this year.

It would be nice if Shelton Mitchell ended up in concussion protocol from his head injury at FSU. He’s not one of Clemson’s better players, but he is their PG. And Clemson typically plays its bench about as much as Duke.

We won't win the game in Blacksburg. They are not going to miss layups and open looks. Also, the refs let us get away with a lot of contact around the rim. Not saying those were uncalled fouls, per se, but they will definitely be seen as fouls on the road.

Yeah, Blacksburg is a loss. They'll also still be fighting to ensure they get into the tournament.

Clemson is really the big swing game if you're rooting for Duke to move up from a seeding perspective (really for both NCAAT and ACCT). Regardless of who may be sitting for them, the Committee is obviously viewing Clemson as a top 16 team, and a win on the road against a team like that would be valuable given the Committee's points of emphasis.

Ideally for Duke, it wins against Clemson and then Clemson goes on a tear, both helping the stature of that win and also allowing Clemson end up in front of UNC in the race for Charlotte.

With Villanova's loss last night, UVA is getting pretty close to wrapping up the overall #1 and getting to choose where it plays in the NCAAT. And if they don't choose Charlotte, we may be back to playing two road games the first weekend.

I think we can finish 12-6 in the ACC, and given our RPI and our rating in Kenpom, that should be enough for a 2 seed if we perform decently in the ACC tournament. Of course it would help if one of the wins was on the road vs. Clemson. Beating UNC, Louisville, and Syracuse at home is nice, but we need a good road win.

13-5 is within play, but I am just not that optimistic.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom