Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2017-18] Phil Knight Invitational / at Indiana

If he's a true 60-66% ft shooter now, I can live with running the offense through him, especially when the other team is in foul trouble.

No crunch time 3s please, though.

Nothing says magical like a november college basketball game

That was gross to watch until they yanked Duval and let Grayson run point.

Also AOC is decent off the ball on defense. But on ball d was a fucking revolving door. Kerwins dunks were pretty much all on AOC blowbys. He needs to step back given his length because his reaction times are legit awful

Transition d was disgusting. No interest in hustling back on defense

This team has no concept of weakside help d at all

Wendell has no idea how to close out. Literally just takes large lumbering steps and leaps at any shot fake.

Duval needs a dog shock collar that goes off anytime he shoots a 3.

Trevon’s shot is terrible. Games like this really temper the expectations.

I don't care if he takes open 3s.

The 5, 6 turnover Thorntonesque games absofuckinglutely have to stop though. You can't afford to throw away that many possessions at the college level.

That was gross to watch until they yanked Duval and let Grayson run point.

Also AOC is decent off the ball on defense. But on ball d was a fucking revolving door. Kerwins dunks were pretty much all on AOC blowbys. He needs to step back given his length because his reaction times are legit awful

Transition d was disgusting. No interest in hustling back on defense

This team has no concept of weakside help d at all
Wendell has no idea how to close out. Literally just takes large lumbering steps and leaps at any shot fake.

Duval needs a dog shock collar that goes off anytime he shoots a 3.

Agree with lines 3 and 4 a lot. It begs the question as to what the fuck do we practice defensively? Carter Jr has no idea how to even try and perform a close out, Trent Jr is hugging his man like 3 passes away.

Anyone else catch K and Shaka Smart's interaction at the end of the game? Shaka seemed less than interested in what K had to say.

Anyone else catch K and Shaka Smart's interaction at the end of the game? Shaka seemed less than interested in what K had to say.

I noticed. Shaka seemed eager to move down the line.

Maybe Shaka is a D-F poster.

Didn't get to watch the game because of work. I saw that Duke was down like 14 with maybe 9 minutes to go so I figured "shit, they lost". Get back to my parents' house to drop off my dad's phone and was stunned to see they were in overtime. Have no idea what the hell happened other than Bagley.

I will give K credit one thing, even if he can't coach an elite defense anymore, the post game analogies are becoming more varied.

@CK86

Devils were able to get Bamba and the other big in foul trouble.

That was one of the key developments

Last edited:

Chat users

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom