Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2023

All play Duke, none play each other. Could all end up undefeated. Duke is the spoiler with a small chance to shock the league.

ACC tiebreakers

After that, the league will factor in details not settled on the field. The fifth step will be for third-party SportSource Analytics to determine a Team Rating Score at the conclusion of regular season play and the team with a higher score will advance to the Championship Game. If all else fails, the commissioner of the league chooses the advancing team at random.

I would give Louisville a 1% of being “randomly” selected vs FSU and UNC. Of course it would be funny as hell for FSU to be left out after the bullshit they’ve tried to pull against the conference

Last edited:
As big as the Clemson W was, this would be even bigger. To go down there and beat a top 5 team on the road would be so fly

Everyone knows Duke is good now, no one can credibly claim to overlook Duke from here on.

We need to give Elko whatever he wants (pay, staff salary pool, facilities upgrades, etc.). This feels like a golden ticket that we found at exactly the right time.

This could not be happening for us at a better time, no question

It does make me angry the Duke brass tolerating such putrid results for so long from 1990-2007. We lost an entire generation of football fans. Better late than never.

As big as the Clemson W was, this would be even bigger. To go down there and beat a top 5 team on the road would be so fly

Everyone knows Duke is good now, no one can credibly claim to overlook Duke from here on.

It would be seismic. The best win since the 1960s by far. Our last top 10 road win was 1971. We are 0-21 all time against FSU. It would rival our basketball national titles for me.

This would be the 2nd most important win in college sports history, behind Texas Western over Kentucky in 1966.

It would be seismic. The best win since the 1960s by far. Our last top 10 road win was 1971. We are 0-21 all time against FSU. It would rival our basketball national titles for me.

This is what I was saying needs to happen to get Duke the respect it deserves. Win a game we have no business winning. Everybody's brother will pick FSU over Duke. A Win in Tallahassee against an undefeated Top 5 team? That would be the most important Win EVER! Elko would instantly have the credibility to recruit he needs, etc.

To me, it would be just short of our bball titles. Our 1989 title team came in an ACC without Florida State in it.

Everyone knows our bball program is elite, but football has long been the butt of jokes, until now.

Now, this program has crossed the "good, and dangerous", threshold. What do we do now, can we elevate further up? That is the question

At this point, bowl eligibility doesn't move the needle for this program anymore. Now it should be a given.

Great moments arise from great opportunities. This team has one and earned one.

I'll be honest, I never thought I'd see Duke football in this position. In games like this in the past I'd always wonder if we would outscore their backups in the 2nd half because the game was over at halftime.

This season has been all about leveling up a few times in relevance, even from the highs of the Cutcliffe era. The Clemson win and GameDay moved us up two levels. Now, we have the chance for a historic road win.

IMO, a football program falls into one of these categories:

Awful
Mediocre
Good
Good and Dangerous
Elite
Dynasty

Dynasty is the current top dog (UGA is here now, Bama was here, 90's Nebraska, etc)
Elite consists of teams jockeying to be the next dynasty and are in major bowls
Good and Dangerous are teams that spook the elite and can pull an upset
Good is what we were peak-Cut. Won't scare the elite, but will generally beat the teams they should
Mediocre is what we were 17-18
Awful is Duke 1990-2007

Spurrier was the best troll in CFB history, before trolling was even part of our vernacular.

As an FSU alum and fan, I’m legitimately nervous for this game. Duke is possibly the best coached team in the ACC, and that D line is legit. FSU has fucked around enough this year to make me very nervous when we play a good team.

Feels like it's the ultimate statement game for both teams at least from an ACC title perspective. Traditional blue blood vs the up and coming program. Hopefully Duke is ready to play. Feels like a game where you're probably going to need 28 points to win given FSU's strong offense.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom